Friday, February 1, 2008

Off to a slow start.....

I'm feeling kind of silly posting a blog about myself. In the day and age of "What will they think of next" we tend to keep personal things personal. To begin, my name is Heather. I'm taking this course online to cut back on travel time and expenses, as I live just off cape. I am currently working on my prerequisiites toward my nursing degree. I began classes at 4 C's shortly after high school, but have taken time off for the births of my children. I am a mother of three, ages 12, 4, and 1 years old.

I currently work at The Rehabilitation Hospital of the Cape and Islands in Sandwich, where I take care patients with ailments from orthopedic surgery, MVA's and brain injuries. I love my job and have always wanted to follow the footsteps of my mother and grandparents who are and were nurse's. I'm not sure what it is I would like to do with my RN once I graduate. I have toyed with the idea of becoming a midwife. I love hands on work and helping people and hope to find my niche in the medical field.

I look forward to reading everyone's posts and can't wait for the warm weather!

No comments: