Friday, May 2, 2008

HUMANMETRICS---JAMES HAMBLIN

Blog 13


The Humanmetrics Jung typology test classified me as a category type INFJ. This test, after 72 questions considers me introverted at twenty-two percent, intuitive at sixty-two percent, feeling at twenty-five percent, and judging at one percent. According to this test I am a slightly expressed introvert, a distinctively expressed intuitive personality. As well as being a moderately expressed feeling personality with an only slightly expressed judging personality.

I find it hard to believe that a simple test could give someone a simple answer. While I am sure the accuracy of this test is based on solid scientific evidence, it is only a tentative benchmark one could use to quantify oneself. To me it compares to a myriad of other tests that are proven to be misleading at best; pure propaganda at worst. A horoscope on any given day can have a certain degree of accuracy for a large amount of people. All of these things are of course based upon some structure; while not proof of anything, at least prove there is simple truth to many things.

While the entire test hinges upon whether or not I answered the questions correctly, as they apply to me, I think the test may be off a little on the judging aspect of my personality. The other categories seem to be pretty accurate as far as I can tell. I do happen to think I am extremely intuitive and it was kind of the test to say so.

No comments: